FIFA mulls proposal for 24-team Club World Cup; Concacaf would get 3 slots
16 March, 2019, 14:14
"We want to have an exciting competition, a presitigous competition, an inclusive competition for clubs, and we will have this for the new Club World Cup", FIFA president Gianni Infantino said.
Federation Internationale de Football Association will go ahead with a new 24-team Club World Cup starting in 2021, its President Gianni Infantino said yesterday, setting the world soccer governing body in conflict with Europe's top clubs.
But Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and the UAE would only be candidates if their governments ended a diplomatic blockade of Qatar launched in 2017, the study said.
"We have the duty to look into it, 90 percent are in favour of an increase but it's not as easy as that". But it's not as easy as that.
"But it was our responsibility to take a decision because we have to deal with the organisational matters - it is only two years away".
After coming under pressure from human rights groups since winning FIFA's hosting rights vote in 2010, Qatar was forced to improve worker rights and improve labour conditions.
Qatar is working to complete eight stadiums for a 64-match schedule. "Then together, with our partners from Qatar, we will present eventually a proposal in this respect". "I was very pleased by the reaction of Qatar".
Therefore, the FIFA Council agreed to extend the mandate of the FIFA Task Force for Future Competitions to continue exploring the idea of a worldwide Nations League, with no specific time frame having been set at this stage. If it happens, fantastic. At least we don't have regrets that we didn't analyze this question.
Neymar investigated by UEFA Marcus Rashford rifled the spot kick past the PSG goalkeeper Gigi Buffon to seal a 3-1 victory and passage into the last eight. UEFA today confirmed they are launching an investigation into Neymar's comments via a statement on their website.
"We know the situation in the Gulf region", added Infantino.
FIFA, meanwhile, have been told that the leading European clubs will boycott a Club World Cup expanded to 24 teams in 2021 which was also given the go-ahead at the meeting in Florida.
It has been suggested each club could earn £50m from taking part.
The Club World Cup fills the slot previously reserved for the Confederations Cup, which had served as a test event in a host nation a year before the World Cup.
According to Reuters, the letter has been signed by officials from clubs including Manchester United, Barcelona and Dutch giants Ajax.
The ECA executive board letter said it was "against any potential approval of a revised CWC at this point in time and confirm that no ECA Clubs would take part to such competition".
And after hearing Infantino's announcement on Friday, the ECA issued a statement saying its clubs would not participate in 2021. But it is hard to see how a 2021 edition could go ahead without the star attractions - Europe's top clubs. "We have held some positive, constructive discussions and will continue with this vein".
"I am always happy but especially today because we have taken some important decisions".
Gartner analyst Michael Ramsey called the move "startling" and said it undermines the credibility of Musk and Tesla's management. With the Model Y, production is expected to be initially handled by the company's Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada.
New Zealand police closed the Christchurch court to the public over security concerns, but the media was able to attend. It has been rebuilding since an natural disaster in 2011 killed 185 people and destroyed many downtown buildings.
The world number one was immediately on the back foot in her fourth-round match, as Bencic raced to a 5-1 lead in the first set. Osaka said the first title defense of her career had brought different challenges, and she thought she handled them well.
Washington has also cracked down on more Iranian networks, making it riskier to get involved with Iran, according to bankers. Greece and Italy were not buying any Iranian oil, Iran's oil minister, Bijan Zanganeh, was quoted as saying in February.
Manchester United have already overcome Arsenal and Chelsea FC at The Emirates and the Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup this season. United will assess him ahead of the game but I don't think Solskjaer will risk the Belgian hitman from the start at Molineux.
A source told Vockrodt and Pryor the battery involves the couple's 3-year-old son, and the child suffered a broken arm. Hill's fiancee, Crystal Espinal, is the same woman the wide receiver reportedly choked and punched in 2014.
When new subscribers sign up for the service they'll be able to add a free dessert to their subscription orders for a full year. Celebrations and promotions have surged in the United States since Congress passed a resolution supporting March 14 as Pi Day.
Like in-display fingerprint sensors, Samsung says it's working to embed the selfie camera underneath the screen for future phones. In order to make such a device, all the sensors are a camera on the front side have moved under the display.
Cousins steps up for Warriors in win over Rockets
Thompson added a basket for the Warriors before the Rockets used a 6-0 spurt to cut the lead to 104-100 with 47.7 seconds left. Yet, here we are today, with Golden State having taken home each of the last two championships with a third likely on the way.
Kareem Hunt Suspended For First Eight Games Of 2019
And now that they're actually playoff contenders, maybe this means running back Duke Johnson won't be as available as we thought. That's the nice way of saying a video showing him shoving and kicking a woman last February was obtained by TMZ and went viral .
Pompeo 'hopeful' North Korea talks can continue
North Korea's leader Kim Jong Un salutes on March 5 in Pyongyang upon his return after the Vietnam summit. She said statements by senior Trump advisers since the summit have further worsened the climate.
Police in India arrest ten teenagers for playing PUBG
While the notification issued by the police is in Gujarati, using translator we were able to make out a couple of things. Now, the Ahmedabad police have issued a notification prohibiting the game from March 14 till the midnight of March 28.